Commodity Centre and its senior team have over 100 years of experience in cocoa handling. Literally starting with a blank sheet of paper we had an extraordinary opportunity to re-imagine cocoa bulk storage. By combining all of our knowledge, and using innovation to solve problems, we delivered a world beating bulk cocoa storage solution.
- Development of a new quayside terminal.
- Gated access site, adjacent to the largest container terminal in port.
- Automated container weighing processes.
- Bulk product handled using centrally controlled belts, powered by green energy.
- Maximum traceability of bulk down to the granular container level.
- The use of cutting edge data analytics to manage complex algorithms on stock allocation and handling.
- Better maintenance of bean quality by minimising handling operations to ensure less breakages with reduced flavour loss.
BENEFITS TO OLAM:
At the outset, Olam’s brief was threefold; cost efficiency, sustainability and quality. We applied our knowledge and proprietary Warehouse Management System to achieve the brief and the client’s expectations.
- A new bespoke terminal, fitted-out to the highest quality requirements.
- Significant reduction in logistics cost owing to terminal location.
- Significant reduction in carbon footprint; from transport reduction to sole usage of green energy.
- Frictionless access to granular, live data analytics and business intelligence.
- Higher throughput of cargo and better warehouse utilisation, owing to smaller stock segregation and separation of qualities.
- Bean quality is maintained by reduced handling procedures, with less fragmentations and subsequent loss of flavour.
- Long-term supply chain stability.