The Commodity Centre’s team designed a customised process, utilising its propriety technologies to manage and track the flow of inventory into the
UK through various storage and handling facilities.
- All incoming products can be landed and quality samples taken, prior to storage reconfiguration to suit JDE UK & Ireland’s agile needs.
- Utilising a combination of both port centric and full container handling with road & rail links.
- Inland storage warehousing, transform container loads into manageable storage units prior to loading bespoke delivery modules.
- Supply chain visibility, coupled with accurate reporting unique to JDE, is a key catalyst for stable production management while reducing operating costs.
BENEFITS TO JDE:
The flexibility and cost focus of the solution, whilst maintaining the entire supply chain visibility, was a key differentiator for JDE UK & Ireland and brought about several significant cost savings to the project, and at the same time improving productivity.
- Major savings in reducing port costs for detention and demurrage of containers with timely restitution and processing.
- Real-time reporting of stock positions and quality checks allowed JDE to confidently change production plans.
- To work with a reliable and forward-thinking partner.
- Delivery of a more robust and sustainable supply chain.